Tuesday, October 20, 2015
Pregnancy is a very delicate period for all women and it can have a significant impact on their health. That's the reason why every symptom, mood swing or discomfort must be taken into account and reported to the doctor.
Headaches are one of those symptoms that can sometimes be underestimated during pregnancy. Researchers have found that women who suffer from frequent headaches during pregnancy, but have no history of them, could have an underlying health condition. Of the 140 women examined, 65% of their headaches were migraines, however, half of the other 35% were the result of pregnancy conditions involving high blood pressure (mostly preeclampsia).
Our dedicated GP, Dr Helen Webberley, told HuffPost UK Parents that “headaches are a very common symptom among pregnant women. Working out whether it is serious or not can be very difficult for the doctor and the pregnant woman alike.”
To read the rest of the conversation and discover more about what headaches during pregnancy really mean, simply click here.
Sorry we didn't give you what you wanted.
Do you have any feedback to help us improve?