How To Improve Your Mental Well-Being
We've taken a look at five tips that might help to improve your mental well-being.
1. Light activity and exercise helps - Being active can sometimes feel like the last thing you want to be doing, but being active throughout the day can really help to improve mental health! Gentle exercise, such as an half hour walk, can do wonders for uplifting your mood.
2. Make the most of the daylight - Working in an office all day and being confined to the indoors with only aritificial light can be a struggle, so be sure to make the most of the daylight we do have when you can - if you are at work during the day go for a short walk on your lunch break and make the most of the midday sunlight!
3. Try yoga or other mindfulness exercises - If you have a lot of worries on your mind why not try adopting yoga as a new hobby, or try exercises such as meditation. These types of exercise can help to put your thoughts and feelings into perspective, and allow you to take a moment to relax and reflect, ultimately making you feel better.
4. Eat healthily - Low mood can also be attributed with lack of energy and tiredness. Put a spring back in your step by improving your diet, include both carbohydrates, such as pasta, with plenty of fruit and vegetables to increase your energy levels, making you more active.
5. Talk it out with friends or a professional - Socialising can do wonders for improving your mood, but sometimes it is not enough and it can be beneficial to talk to a professional, such as a counsellor or your GP. There are many local services available for treatments, ranging from cognitive behaviour therapy (CBT) to counselling or psychotherapy. Find out what is available to you here.