Friday, August 7, 2015
The sudden death of former Apprentice star Stuart Baggs, at his Isle of Man home, shocked many people last week (30th July). The cause of his death is just as shocking.
Stuart Baggs, who was known for his nickname 'The Brand', was the BBC show's youngest ever contestant when he appeared on the sixth series in 2010 aged just 21.
It was yesterday revealed in a statement from Isle of Man constabulary that Stuart Baggs died of natural causes as a result of asthma, a condition that he had suffered with for many years.
Because it is so common, asthma is often disregarded and is not treated with the seriousness that it deserves.
Talking about this subject, our dedicated GP, Dr Helen Webberley has said that asthma can often be underestimated. She states that “although asthma is a very common condition, there are some cases where it can be really dangerous. Sometimes people who are well-controlled have a very nasty attack which can be life-threatening, and sometimes people just have extremely bad asthma. It is really important to know what is normal for you and to get help when you need it as soon as possible before it is too late. This is a really sad loss of life.”
According to a recent survey by Asthma UK, nearly 47% of people living with asthma may not be receiving the proper treatment or are not being well advised on how to use their treatment correctly. All of this information is really troubling.
We want to make sure that all of our patients who are struggling with asthma understand exactly how serious this condition is and that they have all the information they need to take care of themselves.
Please click here to read more about how to handle this delicate condition and to read more about the different types of inhalers and how they should be used. If you think your current treatment isn’t working, then please get in touch as soon as possible.
Sorry we didn't give you what you wanted.
Do you have any feedback to help us improve?