Buy Dermovate Ointment Online in the UK
Clobetasol propionate is the active component of Dermovate. Each 1g contains 0.5mg (0.05% w/w) clobetasol propionate. The base is non-greasy.
A weaker steroid should be tried first, such as hydrocortisone if this hasn't worked and you have chronic skin flare-ups and other corticosteroid creams haven't helped, Dermovate may be able to help.
It's easier than ever to receive your Dermovate prescription online with OxfordOnlinePharmacy: no waiting, no trouble.
What is Dermovate?
Dermovate is a cream that contains the active ingredient clobetasol propionate, which is a topical corticosteroid (topical means that it is applied direct to affected area, and a corticosteroid reduces inflammation).
Dermovate is stronger than other corticosteroids which is only available on prescription and Dermovate is only to be used when other steroid creams have not been effective.
What is Dermovate used for?
Dermovate cream can be used to treat inflammation of the skin, reducing the swelling, redness and itchiness of the skin in certain conditions including:
- Psoriasis - a red, itchy rash that has a silver, scaly, appearance.
- Lupus erythematosus- an autoimmune skin disorder where the skin develops red patches and is more sensitive to UV light.
- Lichen planus- a condition characterised by itchy patches of skin which appear shiny and almost violet in colour.
- Some kinds of eczema.
How do you apply Dermovate Ointment?
Dermovate is available as a cream or an ointment. If your skin is dry or scaly, the ointment, which is greasier, may be more suitable.
Your doctor will usually give you specific instructions on dosage but usually it is recommended that you apply a thin layer to the affected area twice a day. Once the condition starts to improve, you can reduce the frequency of application.
For external use only.
Dermovate Ointment side effects
Like most medication, some people who use Dermovate may experience side effects. The most common side effect of Dermovate (affecting up to 1 person in 10) is burning, irritation or itching.
Less common side effects, which are experienced by up to 1 person in 100, include:
- Thinning of the skin, which can lead to stretch marks;
- Clusters of blood vessels under the skin becoming more prominent.
Rare side effects (affecting up to 1 in 10,000 people) that can occur if Dermovate is used continuously over a long period of time:
- Weight gain;
- Rounding of the face;
- Dry skin;
- Skin discolouration;
- Increased body hair;
- Hair loss/ reduced hair growth/ damaged hair.
Very rarely, people using Dermovate experience the following:
- Hives or a rash;
- Pustular psoriasis (a condition where psoriasis sufferers get raised bumps of pus under the skin).
- A reduction in cortisol levels in the blood;
- Increased sugar in blood or urine;
- High blood pressure;
If you experience any side effects, consult your doctor or pharmacist before continuing with treatment.
Who shouldn’t use Dermovate?
Dermovate is a powerful steroid and should only be used when advised by a doctor. You shouldn’t use Dermovate:
- If you have an allergy to any of the ingredients in Dermovate ointment or cream, including clobetasol propionate;
- To treat skin conditions in a child under 18 years old unless advised by a dermatologist.
- To treat: acne, rosacea, perioral dermatitis, itching around the anus or genitals, itchy skin which isn’t inflamed, plaque psoriasis, or infected skin unless the infection is being treated simultaneously with a separate medicine.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding your online Dermovate prescription, please let your doctor know during your online consultation. If you have any questions about treating skin conditions, please get in touch.