Wednesday, April 9, 2014
1) Know Your Allergy
Most hay fever sufferers have symptoms from mid April through to Summer, as the commonest problem is grass pollen allergy. If your hay fever starts in March you are allergic to tree pollen.Some people cough and sneeze only in May and are allergic to oil seed rape. Or, you may be allergic to weed pollen from May onwards. The main weed offenders are dock, nettle, plaintain and mugwort.
Once you know your allergy, you can minimise contact.
2) Avoid going outside in early morning and late afternoon
3) Shut windows when driving
4) Use air filters in the car and home
5) Wear wrap around sunglasses
6) Avoid perfumes
7) Stop smoking
8) Avoid grassy areas such as parks and fields
9) Wash hands after gardening
10) Take anti-histamine tablets containing Loratadine or Cetirizine to ease your symptoms.
You can also try eye drops or a nasal spray. If you have a severe reaction to grass pollen, there is a prescription only medicine, which you can obtain from our online pharmacy.
Sorry we didn't give you what you wanted.
Do you have any feedback to help us improve?