Wednesday, June 25, 2014
Being overweight can lead to heart disease, high blood pressure, high cholesterol and diabetes.Around one thousand people in the UK die every week from obesity related diseases.
So how can we lose weight and keep the weight off?
Here are 5 tips:-
1) Get active. Aim for 2 1/2 hours exercise per week. Take 1/2 hourly brisk walks, instead of fad gym work.
2) Walk to the shops instead of using the car or bus and use the stairs not the lift.
3) Don't do fad diets, just eat healthily to lose weight. Eat lots of fruit and veg to get your 5 a day.
4) Eat oily fish such as mackerel, salmon, tuna and trout. Eat starchy foods at meal times, which will fill you up, including whole grain bread and cereals for breakfast, and potatoes, pasta and rice for lunch or dinner.
5) Use proven medicines to help you lose weight and keep it off. If you have a bmi (body mass index) of 30+ you can try Xenical or Orlistat prescription only medicines. Alternatively, you could try XLS Medical, which does not require a prescription. XLS is the UKs top selling weight loss medicine and contains natural ingredients found in prickly pears.
So you can lose weight and keep it off with a sustained combination of exercise, diet and medication. You will feel much better for it and improve your health!