Buy Colchicine Tablets Online in the UK
Colchicine 500mcg tablets contain the active ingredient colchicine, this active component has anti-gout properties.
Tablets containing colchicine are used to treat gout attacks. Moreover, they are used to stop gout flare-ups when other medications like allopurinol, probenecid, and sulfinpyrazone are used to begin treatment.
This easy to swallow tablets work by treating inflammation and pain and is an alternative for those who suffer from Gout and cannot take anti-inflammatory painkillers.
Colchicine tablets are an effective treatment for acute (severe) gout and can be purchased from OxfordOnlinePharmacy through our online doctors service.
How does colchicine work?
Colchicine works by lowering the quantity of white blood cells that enter inflammatory areas.
Colchicine breaks the cycle of inflammation and lowers gout attack swelling and discomfort. Gout causes painful inflammatory episodes in one or more of your joints.
The recommended dose is:
Take 2 Colchicine tablets to start then 1 hour later take another 1 tablet.
No further tablets should then be taken for 12 hours.
Colchicine tablets can have side effects, though not everyone experiences them.
Colchicine tablets should not be used again until you have spoken to your doctor or the local hospital accident and emergency department if you experience any of the following side effects:
- Nausea (feeling sick), vomiting (being sick), stomach pain and diarrhoea.
These side effects are common (may affect up to 1 in 10 people):
- Symptoms such as fever, inflammation of the mouth, sore throat, prolonged bleeding, bruising or skin problems. These could be signs that you have a serious blood problem as a result of bone marrow depression.
The frequency of these side effects is not known (cannot be estimated from the available data).
Other side effects that have been seen (with unknown frequency) are:
- Inflammation of the nerves can cause pain, weakness, tingling or numbness
- Absence of menstrual periods
- Painful periods
- Nerve damage
- Hair loss
- Pain or weakness in muscles
- Abnormal muscle breakdown which can lead to kidney problems (rhabdomyolysis)
- Kidney damage
- Gastrointestinal bleeding
- Liver damage
- Reduced ability to produce sperm (low or zero sperm count)
The manufacturer of the product supplied may vary.
Please read the patient information leaflet that is provided with the product.
Call NHS111 if you have any of these symptoms: Pain is getting worse, you also have a very high temperature and you feel sick or cannot eat (symptoms of Sepsis, a very serious infection).