Buy Femoston Conti Online in the UK
Femoston Conti (Estradiol/Dydrogesterone) is a Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) which contains two female hormones an Oestrogen-Estradiol and a Progestogen-Dydrogesterone. Femoston-Conti is prescribed to postmenopausal women who experienced their last natural menstruation over 12 months ago.
Femoston-Conti is used to treat post-menopausal symptoms. The amount of oestrogen generated by a woman's body decreases throughout menopause. This may result in symptoms like a hot face, neck, and chest ("hot flushes"). Following menopause, Femoston-Conti relieves these symptoms. Femoston-Conti will only be recommended if your symptoms significantly interfere with your daily life. Additionally, it aids in preventing osteoporosis, a condition that can thin the bones and lead to fractures. Women who still have a womb use Femoston-Conti.
Menopause can happen naturally or as a result of surgery or other medical procedures.
HRT shouldn't be used to maintain general health over the long term or to fight off heart disease.
Femeston-Conti is not a form of contraception; it won't stop pregnancies or make you fertile again. You should ask your doctor to recommend an alternative (non-hormonal) method of birth control because pregnancy may be possible in the early stages of menopause while you are still having monthly cycles.
How Femoston Conti Works
Estradiol is a kind of oestrogen, a naturally occurring female sex hormone. The hormone is the same one that your ovaries produced prior to menopause. A hormone classed as a progestogen is dydrogesterone. It works similarly to how your ovaries produced progesterone before menopause.
Because your body produces less oestrogen as you age, menopause typically happens between the ages of 45 and 55. Hot flushes, which are sudden extreme feelings of heat and sweat across the body, sleep issues, anger and depression are just a few of the unpleasant symptoms that can result from this. Additionally, some women experience difficulty during or after intercourse due to the inability to control their urine or vaginal dryness. Taking oestrogens can help with these symptoms.
Some women experience osteoporosis after the age of 40, particularly after menopause. This causes the bones to shrink, which weakens and increases their risk of breaking, particularly the bones in the wrist, hip, and spine. Lack of oestrogen increases the risk of osteoporosis. If other therapies are ineffective, oestrogens may be administered to lessen this risk.
As part of HRT, women who still have uteruses must take both oestrogen and progestogen. This is because oestrogen encourages the uterine lining's growth (called the endometrium). Before menopause, your natural progestogen works on this lining during your period to remove it. Endometrial hyperplasia and irregular bleeding may result from taking oestrogen alone as HRT after menopause. Dydrogesterone is a progestogen that aids in preventing the development of this problem in the uterine lining.
How to take Femeston-Conti
- Swallow the tablet whole with a glass of water.
- You can take your tablet with or without food.
- Try to take your medication every day at the same time. This will guarantee that the product is present in your body at a steady level. Additionally, this will aid with your medication remembrance.
- Take one tablet every day, without a break between packs. The blisters are marked with the days of the week. This makes it easier for you to remember when to take your tablets.
How much Femeston-Conti to take
- In order to relieve your symptoms as quickly as possible, your doctor will try to prescribe the lowest dose possible. Speak to your doctor if you think your dose is too strong or not strong enough.
- Take one tablet daily for a 28-day cycle.
Always take this medicine exactly as instructed by your doctor. Please read the patient information leaflet before taking this medicine.
Like all medicines, this medicine can cause side effects although not everybody gets them. If you experience any of the side effects listed in the patient information leaflet or not listed in the leaflet please consult a doctor or pharmacist.
The following side effects may happen with this medicine:
Very common (may affect more than 1 in 10 patients):
- Back pain
- Abdominal Pain
- Painful or tender breasts
Common (may affect up to 1 in 10 patients):
- Vaginal thrush (a vaginal infection due to a fungus called Candida albicans)
- Feeling depressed, nervousness
- Migraine. If you have a migraine-like headache for the first time, stop taking Femoston-conti and see a doctor immediately
- Feeling sick (nausea), vomiting, bloating (swelling of the abdomen), including wind (flatulence)
- Allergic skin reactions (such as rash, severe itching (pruritus) or hives (urticaria))
- Menstrual disorder such as irregular bleeds, spotting, painful periods (dysmenorrhoea), heavier or less bleeding
- Pelvic pain
- Vaginal discharge
- Feeling weak, tired or unwell
- Swelling of your ankles, feet or fingers (peripheral oedema)
- Weight increase
For a full list of side effects read the patient information leaflet.
Please give your doctor a full medical history to ensure the appropriate medication is prescribed.
Keep out of reach and sight of children. Do not store above 25 degrees celcius.