Buy Doublebase Emollient Wash Gel Online in the UK
Doublebase Gel Wash is a soap substitute which moisturises and protects your skin. It is suitable for dry or chapped skin conditions - even if itchy or inflamed.
Containing the ingredients isopropyl myristate (15% w/w) and liquid paraffin (15% w/w), it helps treat and prevent dry or chapped skin conditions that may also be itchy, red and sore.
Common examples include:
- occupational hand dermatitis (due to frequent hand-washing, or repeated contact with water or chemicals such as cleaning or hair products)
- eczema and other types of dermatitis
- psoriasis (scaly, pink patches of skin)
- elderly pruritus (itchy skin due to ageing)
- ichthyosis (unusually scaly skin)
The active ingredients in this product are isopropyl myristate and liquid paraffin. These are known as emollients.
This “soap substitute” product is specifically designed to be non-foaming and is fragrance free.
When used as part of your normal washing routine it helps to:– cleanse, soften, moisturise and protect your skin by trapping in moisture and restoring the normal protective function of the skin.
It prevents the skin-drying and irritant effects that can be caused by washing and by the soaps, foaming additives and fragrances used in ordinary cleansing products. This gel also prevents ‘flare-ups’ of your skin condition.
This product can be used in addition to any other emollients or treatments your doctor, pharmacist or nurse may have given or prescribed for you to treat your dry skin condition.
Doublebase Emollient Wash Gel is suitable for all age groups, including babies.
This product is only for application to the skin. Use this product as part of your normal washing routine, instead of your ordinary soap (bar or liquid) or cleanser. For maximum benefit you should use it whenever you wash (including routine hand washing).
Before using this product, turn the top of the pump dispenser anti-clockwise to unlock it. After unlocking, you will need to press down the pump dispenser several times to prime the pump before any product is dispensed.
Wash with this product in the same way as you would with any liquid soap.
- Use it with a gentle washing action. The product will not foam or lather as you wash.
- Rinse off (you should still be able to feel the product coating the skin).
- Pat the skin dry with a soft towel (avoid rubbing as this can make dry skin conditions worse).
If you forget to use Doublebase Emollient Wash Gel - Do not worry if you occasionally forget to use this product, just carry on using it the next time you wash.
Like all medicines, Doublebase Emollient Wash Gel can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them. This product has been specially designed for use on dry or problem skin.
However, in rare cases it can cause skin irritation (mild rashes) or allergic skin reactions on extremely sensitive skin. These rare effects tend to occur during or soon after the first few uses.
Stop using this product and tell your doctor, nurse or pharmacist:
- if your skin condition seems to look or feel worse.
- if any of the side effects get serious, or you notice any other side effects not mentioned here.
If this product is accidentally swallowed, its oily ingredients may cause diarrhoea. If this happens:
- treat the symptoms as you would deal with any case of diarrhoea.
- drink plenty of water.
- do not attempt to cause vomiting.
Reporting of side effects
If you get any side effects, talk to your doctor, pharmacist or nurse. This includes any possible side effects not listed here. You can also report side effects directly via the Yellow Card Scheme at: www.mhra.gov.uk/yellowcard. By reporting side effects you can help provide more information on the safety of this medicine.