Buy Esomeprazole Capsules Online in the UK
Esomeprazole comes in capsule and tablet form. This Esomeprazole 40mg is a pink capsule which belongs to a group of medicines called Proton Pump Inhibitors. Esomeprazole is also available in the branded form, under the name Nexium, and its generic form. Both the generic and branded version is prescription-only capsules.
This medication is used to treat Gastro-oesophagal reflux disease (GORD). This is where acid from the stomach escapes into the gullet causing pain, inflammation and heartburn. They work by reducing the amount of acid that your stomach produces.
Esomeprazole 40mg Gastro-Resistant 28 Capsules should be stored in their original package in order to protect from moisture. It should be kept out of sight and reach of children and not stored over 30 degrees Celsius.
The manufacturer of the product supplied may vary. Please read the patient information leaflet that is provided with the product.
Usually, esomeprazole is taken once a day, first thing in the morning. However, it can be taken twice a day, one dose in the morning and one dose in the evening. You can take it with or without food.
The tablets and capsules are to be swallowed whole with a drink of water.
Esomeprazole should start to work within 2 to 3 days, although, it may take up to 4 weeks for it to work fully.
If you miss a dose; you can take the missed dose as soon as you remember unless it's less than 12 hours until your next dose. If that happens, skip the missed dose, and take the next one at the usual time.
Common side effects (more than 1 in 1,000 people)
- Feeling sick
- Dry Mouth
- Being sick
- Stomach pain
Serious side effects (Less than 1 in 1,000 people)
Call a doctor or contact 111 if:
- Your skin becomes yellow, your pee becomes darker, and you feel more tired.
- You have diarrhoea that is severe or does not go away.
- You get joint pain along with a red skin rash, especially on parts of your body exposed to the sun, such as your arms, nose and cheeks.
- In rare cases, it's possible to have a serious allergic reaction (anaphylaxis) to esomeprazole.
- If you take esomeprazole for more than 3 months, the levels of magnesium in your blood may fall.
Low magnesium can make you feel tired, confused, and dizzy and cause muscle twitches, shakiness, and an irregular heartbeat. If you get any of these symptoms, tell your doctor.
Taking esomeprazole for more than a year may increase your chances of certain side effects, including:
- Bone fractures
- Vitamin B12 deficiency – symptoms include feeling very tired, a sore and red tongue, mouth ulcers and pins and needles
- Gut infections