Buy Ryaltis nasal spray online in the UK
Ryaltris alleviates allergy symptoms, including a runny nose, sneezing, and the sensation of an itchy or congested nasal passage.
Ryaltris is comprised of two active components: olopatadine and mometasone furoate.
Olopatadine functions as an antihistamine by preventing the effects of substances such as histamine, which the body produces during an allergic response.
Mometasone furoate is a corticosteroid (commonly referred to as a steroid) that operates by reducing the inflammation often associated with allergic rhinitis.
Ryaltris, an intranasal combination spray, combines olopatadine and mometasone furoate, working together to enhance relief from allergic rhinitis symptoms. Combining intranasal corticosteroids with intranasal antihistamines is more effective than using either treatment alone.
This treatment is available on prescription only at Oxford Online Pharmacy using our free online doctor consultation form.
What is the difference between seasonal and perennial rhinitis?
Seasonal rhinitis refers to an allergic reaction occurring during specific periods of the year, typically triggered by inhaling pollen from trees, grasses, and weeds, as well as moulds and fungal spores.
Perennial rhinitis, on the other hand, can manifest year-round. Its symptoms can be induced by allergens like house dust mites, animal hair (or dander), feathers, and certain food items.
What is allergic rhinitis?
Allergic rhinitis (AR) is a prevalent condition that is on the rise. It can manifest as either perennial, with chronic symptoms, or seasonal, with intermittent symptoms triggered by various pollen or spore exposures.
What are the symptoms of allergic rhinitis?
Typical symptoms of AR include sneezing, nasal itching, runny nose, and nasal congestion. These bilateral symptoms usually occur within minutes of exposure to allergens. Additional symptoms may encompass post-nasal drip, palate itching, cough, and indications of persistent nasal congestion, such as snoring, breathing through the mouth, and bad breath. AR symptoms, whether intermittent or chronic, can arise from exposure to specific allergens, including tree, grass, and weed pollens, house dust mites, animal dander, and occupational allergens.
How to use Ryaltis nasal spray?
The typical recommended dose of Ryaltris is two sprays in each nostril, administered twice daily.
A step-by-step guide for using Ryaltris
Instructions for preparing the nasal spray bottle:
- Begin by shaking the bottle vigorously for a minimum of 10 seconds. Then, remove the protective cap.
- If it's your first time using the spray, you need to "prime" the bottle by pumping it into the air.
- Position your forefinger and middle finger on either side of the nozzle and place your thumb underneath the bottle.
- Point the nozzle away from yourself and press down on the pump, releasing it six times until you see a fine mist.
- The pump is now primed and ready for use. If the bottle hasn't been used for 14 days or longer, it should be "re-primed" by pumping the spray twice until a fine mist is produced.
Directions for use of Ryaltris nasal spray
- Before each use (morning and evening), shake the bottle for a minimum of 10 seconds.
- Clear your nostrils by gently blowing your nose.
- Close one nostril with your finger and carefully insert the spray tip into the other nostril, pointing it slightly outward.
- Tilt your head forward slightly, press down once quickly, and simultaneously sniff gently.
- Exhale through your mouth.
- Repeat the above steps to administer a second spray into the same nostril.
- Repeat the process by delivering two sprays in the other nostril.
- After using Ryaltris, be sure to wipe the nozzle carefully with a clean handkerchief or tissue and replace the cap to prevent nozzle blockage.
Common Ryaltris side effects
As with all medications, Ryaltris has the potential to induce side effects, although not everyone will experience them.
Frequent side effects (which may impact up to 1 in 10 individuals) include a bitter taste in the mouth, nosebleeds, and mild irritation within the nasal passages.
If you encounter any side effects, it is advisable to consult with your healthcare provider or pharmacist.
Additional information regarding side effects can be found in the Patient Information Leaflet.