Buy Kliofem Online Tablets in the UK
Kliofem (Estradiol 2mg / Norethisterone 1mg ) Tablets 84 is a continuous combined Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) taken every day without interruption. It contains two female hormones an Oestrogen-Estradiol and a Progestogen-Norethisterone. These are variations of oestrogen and progesterone, the two primary female sex hormones. Estradiol is a naturally occurring type of oestrogen, whereas, norethisterone is a synthetic form of progesterone.
As women approach menopause, their ovaries gradually generate less and less oestrogen, which causes their blood levels to drop. Distressing symptoms including irregular periods, hot flushes, night sweats, mood swings, and itchy or dry vagina might be brought on by oestrogen levels that are declining.
Oestrogen (in this case in the form of estradiol) can be taken as a supplement to replenish the body's declining levels and lessen these uncomfortable menopause symptoms. HRT (HRT) is the term used to describe this. Menopausal symptoms are typically only temporarily relieved with HRT, and its use should be discussed with your doctor at least once a year.
For women who have not had a hysterectomy, a progestogen is required as part of HRT (in this case, norethisterone). This is due to the fact that in females with an intact womb, oestrogen stimulates the growth of the endometrium, which, if unchecked, can result in endometrial cancer. Progestogens are administered to counteract oestrogen's impact on the uterine lining and lessen the chance of cancer, albeit it does not entirely eliminate the risk. It is referred to as combined HRT.
A continuous version of combined HRT is kliofem. Estradiol and norethisterone are both present in equal amounts in each tablet, enabling daily administration of both hormones. Since this kind of HRT doesn't cause a monthly bleed, it is better suited for women whose natural periods have already stopped, such as postmenopausal women who have gone at least a year without experiencing a period.
In postmenopausal women, HRT may also be used to prevent osteoporosis. When oestrogen levels fall during menopause, the bones may be affected, becoming thinner and more brittle. Supplemental oestrogen helps women avoid bone loss and fractures that may happen in the years after menopause.
Always take this medication exactly as prescribed by your doctor. Please read the patient information leaflet before taking this medicine.
Take Kliofem once daily at the same time every day.
You can take Kliofem with or without food.
With a glass of water, completely swallow the tablets.
Never chew or crush a Kliofem tablet.
Please read the patient information leaflet before taking this medication.
Like all medicines, this medicine can cause side effects although not everybody gets them, If you experience any of the side effects listed in the patient information leaflet or not listed in the leaflet please consult your doctor or pharmacist.
Very common side effects (may affect more than 1 in 10 people)
- Breast pain or breast tenderness
- Vaginal bleeding.
Common side effects (may affect up to 1 in 10 people)
- Swelling of arms and legs (peripheral oedema)
- Vaginal inflammation
- Back pain
- Leg cramps
- Migraine, new or worse than before
- Vaginal infection with a fungus
- Depression, new or worse than before
- Abdominal pain, swelling or discomfort
- Enlargement or swelling of the breasts (breast oedema)
- Weight gain caused by fluid retention
- Uterine fibroid (benign tumour), aggravation, occurrence or recurrence
- Weight increase.
Uncommon side effects (may affect up to 1 in 100 people)
- Bloating or flatulence
- Drug ineffective
- Allergic reaction
- Hair loss (alopecia)
- Itching or hives (urticaria)
- Inflammation of a vein (superficial thrombophlebitis)
- Abnormal (male pattern) hair growth
Rare side effects (may affect up to 1 in 1,000 people)
- Blood clots in the blood vessels of the legs or the lungs (deep vein thrombosis, lung
Very rare side effects (may affect up to 1 in 10,000 people)
- Cancer of the lining of the womb (endometrial cancer)
- Excessive growth of the lining of the womb (endometrial hyperplasia)
- Change in sexual desire
- Visual disturbances
- Increase in blood pressure or worsening of high blood pressure
- Gallbladder disease, gallstones occurrence/recurrence or aggravated
- Excessive secretion of sebum, skin eruption
- Vaginal and genital itching
- Heart attack and stroke.
- Acute or recurring attack of oedema (angioneurotic oedema)
- Insomnia, dizziness, anxiety
- Weight decreased
When completing our medical questionnaire please give as much information as possible to help our prescribers.
Keep out of reach and sight of children. Do not store above 25 degrees celcius.