Buy Diprosalic Ointment Online in the UK
Diprosalic ointment is a smooth, off-white ointment which contains the active ingredients betamethasone dipropionate 0.064 % w/w (equivalent to 0.05 % w/w betamethasone) and salicylic acid 3.0 % w/w.
It is used to treat skin conditions where the outer surface of the skin is covered by a layer of scales such as psoriasis.
This prescription-only product should be applied to the affected area topically and will remove the layer of scales and reduce the redness and itchiness caused by the skin problem.
Diprosalic ointment is also avaliable in 30g and 100g tube sizes.
How does Diprosalic Oinetment work?
Betamethasone dipropionate belongs to the class of medications known as topical corticosteroids. It is categorised as a "potent corticosteroid." These medications are applied to the skin's surface to lessen the redness and itching produced by certain skin conditions.
Salicylic acid softens the top layer of scales on the skin's surface. which are the result of your skin condition. This enables the betamethasone dipropionate to reach the damaged skin beneath and assist in its healing.
When using Diprosalic Ointment be sure to follow the doctors instructions and read the patient information leaflet before using.
Wash your hands before and after each use.
Rub a thin layer into the affected area twice a day.
Do not use the ointment on your face for more than 5 days.
Do not use a large amount of ointment on large areas of the body for a long time (for example every day for many weeks or months).
Avoid getting the ointment in your eyes if this occurs rinse eyes immediately with clean cold water.
Please read the patient information leaflet included before using the product.
Do not use:
- If you are Diprosalic Ointment allergic to any of its ingredients or for any skin condition other then the one(s) it has been prescribed for.
- If you are pregnant or breast-feeding, think you may be pregnant or are planning to have a baby, ask your doctor or pharmacist for advice before using this medicine.
- Stop using immediately and contact your doctor if you notice signs of an allergic reaction.
As with all medicines Diprosalic Ointment can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them. Most people find that when the ointment is used correctly, it does not cause any problems. However, if you use the ointment more often than you should, it can cause the following:
- Thinning of the skin, stinging, blistering, peeling, swelling, itching, burning, skin rash, dryness of the skin and you may notice red marks. This can happen more easily in infants and children.
- Inflammation of the hair follicles, excessive hair growth, reduced skin pigmentation and allergic skin reactions.
- Dermatitis (skin inflammation), a condition brought on by the skin reacting to outside agent e.g. detergents, causing the skin to become red and itchy.
- Blurred vision.
All known side effects will be listed in the patient information leaflet provided with the product. If you experience any of the side effects in the patient information leaflet or ones which are not listed in the patient information leaflet contact your doctor or pharmacist.
Diprosalic Ointment should be kept out of reach and sight of children.
This medicine should not be stored above 25c.