Buy Exorex Lotion Online in the UK
Exorex Lotion is a skin lotion used the treatment of psoriasis. (also known as cutaneous emulsion) for external use only.
Contains 5% emulsion of coal tar solution for use on the skin which relieves and prevents itching and promotes the softening of the outer layer of skin.
The tar acids in coal tar have been shown to have anti-bacterial properties.
Exorex Lotion is for the treatment of psoriasis of the skin and scalp. Shake the bottle thoroughly before each use.
Adults and children over 12 years of age
- Ensure that all areas of affected skin are clean.
- Apply a thin layer of Exorex Lotion two to three times a day to affected areas.
- Massage gently and leave to dry.
Children under 12 years and the elderly
- As for adults, but the lotion can be diluted by mixing with a few drops of freshly boiled and cooled water in the palm of the hand if preferred.
Previous users have found the application of a thin layer of moisturising cream to be helpful in keeping the affected areas moist after application of the lotion.
Do not use Exorex Lotion:
- If you are allergic to coal tar or any of the other ingredients of this medicine.
- If you suffer from inflammation of the hair follicles (folliculitis) or acne.
- If your skin reacts badly to sunlight (you are photosensitive).
- If you suffer from a condition called lupus erythematosus.
- If you have inflamed or broken skin (you have open wounds or your skin is infected).
- On the genital or rectal areas.
Warnings and precautions
Talk to your doctor or pharmacist before using Exorex Lotion.
Be careful when applying the lotion around the eyes and other sensitive areas of the body such as the mouth. If any lotion accidentally enters the eyes, rinse with water immediately.
Coal tar makes the skin more sensitive to sunlight. Exposure to direct sunlight (such as sunbathing) should therefore be avoided after application of the lotion. There may be a very small increase in the risk of skin cancer in patients with psoriasis who are treated with coal tar products, but this is not proven.
Exorex Lotion may cause staining of clothes or hair.
Do not smoke or go near naked flames - risk of severe burns. Fabric (clothing, bedding, dressings etc) that has been in contact with this product burns more easily and is a serious fire hazard. Washing clothing and bedding may reduce product build-up but not totally remove it.