Buy Polytar Scalp Shampoo Online in the UK
Coal tar is the main ingredient in Polytar Scalp Shampoo. Coal tar is an oil that's thick and heavy and can lessen scaling, irritation, and itching.
In addition, Polytar Scalp Shampoo is used to treat Psoriasis, which causes enlarged regions of red, inflamed skin that are frequently covered in silvery scales, Seborrheic Dermatitis which causes a red, scaly, itchy scalp, Eczema which causes an itchy skin rash and Dandruff.
The shampoo demonstrates antifungal, anti-inflammatory, anti-itch, and antiparasitic properties and should only be applied topically.
This medication should be used twice weekly and you should start to see an improvement in 4 weeks.
Use as described in the patient leaflet in the pack, or as instructed by your pharmacist or doctor.
- Polytar Scalp Shampoo should be used once or twice a week.
- Wet the hair and massage it into the scalp and surrounding skin.
- Rinse thoroughly with water and repeat.
- You should leave the shampoo on your scalp for a maximum of 3 to 5 minutes.
Avoid using Polytar Scalp Shampoo if you are sensitive to any of the ingredients. It contains tar products which may cause skin irritation, rashes and rarely, photosensitivity. if you have irritation then stop using and contact your pharmacist or doctor
Stop taking this medicine and tell your doctor immediately if you experience:
- Allergic reactions. These may include developing a rash, swelling of the mouth or face or having difficulty breathing.
Stop taking the medicine and tell your doctor if you experience:
- eye irritation
- unusual hair loss or thinning
- eczema (itchy skin rash)
- hair colour changes
- abnormal hair texture
- sensitivity to sunlight
- skin irritation, the skin may be dry, red or itchy, and you may feel a burning sensation on the skin
- skin pain, rash or swelling at the application site
If you get any side effects, talk to a pharmacist or doctor before continuing to use.
Keep out of the sight and reach of children.
Do not use after the expiry date (on the bottom of the box). Store below 25 degrees celsius.