Buy Hepatitis B Immunity (HBIM) Home Test Kit
Dr's Laboratory Hepatitis B immunity blood test is easy to use and requires blood sample done in the privacy of your own home.
We send you the blood sample kit and full instructions.
You post the sample to the Lab and we then notify you of the results by email in 2-3 working days.
This test is also suitable for occupational health tests for healthcare workers e.g. dental, nursing, waste disposal etc.
What is Hepatitis B?
Hepatitis B is an infection that primarily affects the liver and is transmitted through blood, semen, and vaginal fluids. The likelihood of contracting hepatitis B in the UK is low. However, if you are at a high risk or planning to travel to a country where it is more prevalent, a vaccine is available.
Typically, the infection resolves within a few months, but some individuals may experience long-term hepatitis B.
Transmission of Hepatitis B:
Hepatitis B is caused by a virus that spreads through blood, semen, and vaginal fluids.
You can contract hepatitis B by:
- Engaging in vaginal, anal, or oral sex without using a condom or barrier method.
- Injecting drugs using shared needles.
- Sustaining an injury from a contaminated needle.
- Undergoing a tattoo or piercing with improperly sterilized equipment.
- Receiving a blood transfusion in a country that does not screen for hepatitis B. In the UK, blood transfusions are tested for hepatitis B.
- If you are pregnant and have hepatitis B, there is a risk of transmitting the infection to your baby during pregnancy or childbirth.
Regions with Higher Risk
The risk of acquiring hepatitis B is higher in certain parts of the world, including:
- the Middle East
- parts of South America and Eastern Europe
Use the kit provided and send a sample of blood to the laboratory in the pack supplied.
A blood sample obtained from your finger is needed for this test - full details and instructions are included with the test kit.
Suitable for adults aged 18 and over.