Buy Atovaquone / Proguanil 250mg / 100mg 12 Tablets Online in the UK
You will need to select enough for your trip PLUS 9 tablets - for example for a 14-day trip you will need 24 tablets to cover the time you are in the malarious zone and for 7 days after leaving.
Atovaquone and Proguanil belong to a group of medicines called antimalarials. It is used for the prevention and treatment of malaria. It works by killing the parasites that cause malaria.
Proguanil hydrochloride and atovaquone are its two main ingredients. These ingredients work in the treatment and prevention of malaria.
When an infected mosquito bites a person, Plasmodium falciparum, the malaria parasite, enters the circulation and spreads the disease. By eliminating this parasite, atovaquone/proguanil hydrochloride helps to avoid malaria. Atovaquone/Proguanil hydrochloride also kills these parasites in people who already have malaria.
Take precautions to avoid contracting malaria. Malaria can affect anyone at any age. Although it is a severe condition, it can be avoided.
In addition to consuming Atovaquone/Proguanil hydrochloride, it's crucial that you take precautions against mosquito bites:
- Use insect repellent on skin that is exposed.
- Wear light-coloured clothing that covers most of the body, especially after sunset when mosquitoes are most active.
- Sleep in a screened room or under a mosquito net impregnated with insecticide.
- Close windows and doors at sunset if they are not screen-protected.
- Consider using an insecticide (mats, spray, plug-ins) to rid a room of insects or deter mosquitoes from entering the room.
Speak with a doctor or pharmacist if you require additional guidance.
These tablets are the generic (unbranded) form of Malarone tablets.
Atovaquone/Proguanil 250mg/100mg tablets can be bought from OxfordPharmacyOnline and is a genuine UK-sourced medicine.
More very important information about the prevention of malaria here
Always follow your doctor's or chemist's instructions when taking this medication. If you're unsure, ask your doctor or chemist.
To prevent malaria:
Adults and children who weigh at least 40 kg should take 1 tablet once daily as directed.
- It is not advised to use atovaquone/proguanil hydrochloride to prevent malaria in children, adults, or adolescents who weigh less than 40 kg.
- Atovaquone/Proguanil hydrochloride should be taken 1 to 2 days prior to travel to a malaria-endemic region, then take the tablet daily while there.
- After returning to a malaria-free region, continue taking it for an additional 7 days.
Adults are advised to take 4 pills, once daily for 3 days.
The dosage for children who weigh 11 kg or more is determined by their body weight:
- 11-20 kg – 1 tablet once a day for 3 days
- 21-30 kg – 2 tablets once a day for 3 days
- 31-40 kg – 3 tablets once a day for 3 days
- over 40 kg – dose as for adults
If you take the following medication you should avoid taking Atovaquone and Proguanil and speak to your doctor :
- High-active protease inhibitors for HIV
- The antibiotics tetracycline, rifabutin and rifampicin
Those with severe kidney disease should not take Atovaquone and Proguanil.
Very common side effects (may affect more than 1 in 10 people):
- feeling sick and being sick (nausea and vomiting)
- stomach pain
Common side effects (may affect up to 1 in 10 people):
- sleeping problems (insomnia)
- strange dreams
- loss of appetite
- rash, which may be itchy
For the full list of side effects see the patient information leaflet.