Buy Simvastatin Tablets Online in the UK
Simvastatin is a medication used to reduce blood amounts of total cholesterol, "bad" cholesterol (LDL cholesterol), and triglycerides, which are fatty substances. Additionally, this medication increases "good" cholesterol. (HDL cholesterol). This medication belongs to the group of medication class lipids.
One of the many fatty substances present in the bloodstream is cholesterol. LDL and HDL cholesterol make up the majority of your overall cholesterol. LDL cholesterol, which can create plaque in the walls of your arteries, is frequently referred to as "bad" cholesterol. This plaque accumulation may eventually cause the arteries to constrict. Blood flow to vital organs like the heart and brain can be slowed or blocked by this narrowing. A heart attack or stroke may occur as a consequence of this blood flow obstruction.
HDL cholesterol is often termed "good" cholesterol because it helps prevent the bad cholesterol from building up in the arteries and protects against heart disease.
Another type of blood fat called triglycerides may also raise your chance of developing heart disease.
While taking this medication, you should continue to follow a cholesterol-lowering diet if you have any of the following:
- a raised cholesterol level in your blood (primary hypercholesterolaemia) or elevated fat levels in your blood (mixed hyperlipidaemia)
- a hereditary illness (homozygous familial hypercholesterolaemia) that increases the cholesterol level in your blood. You may also receive other treatments.
- coronary heart disease (CHD) or are at high risk of CHD (because you have diabetes, a history of stroke, or other blood vessel disease). This medicine may prolong your life by reducing the risk of heart disease problems, regardless of the amount of cholesterol in your blood.
The majority of individuals do not immediately exhibit any symptoms of high cholesterol. A quick blood test can be used by your doctor to determine your cholesterol level. Visit your doctor frequently, monitor your cholesterol levels, and discuss your goals with them.
Depending on your health, your ongoing treatment, and your level of personal risk, your doctor will choose the right tablet strength for you. Always follow your doctor's instructions and take this medication as directed. If you're unsure, ask a doctor or pharmacist.
While taking this medication, you should continue to follow a diet that lowers LDL.
Simvastatin comes in 5 mg, 10 mg, 20 mg, 40 mg, or 80 mg tablets and is taken by mouth. Once daily is the suggested dose.
In adults the suggested dosage is 10, 20, or, in some instances, 40 mg per day. After at least 4 weeks, your doctor might increase your dosage to a limit of 80 mg per day. Take no more than 80 mg per day.
If you are taking any other medicines or have a kidney problem, your doctor may advise taking lower doses.
Only adult patients with very high cholesterol levels and a high risk of heart problems who have not met their cholesterol target on lower doses are advised to take the 80 mg dose.
You should not take Simvastatin if you have, or have ever had a disease which affects the liver, if you have had any unexplained abnormal blood tests for liver function, if you are a woman able to have children and not using reliable contraception, if you are pregnant or trying to become pregnant or if you are breastfeeding. You must speak to your doctor before taking Simvastatin, because it may be unsuitable for you if:
- You have ever had a stroke with bleeding into the brain or have small pockets of fluid in the brain from previous strokes.
- You have kidney problems
- You have an under-active thyroid gland
- You regularly drink large amounts of alcohol
- You are older than 70 years old
- You have had repeated or unexplained muscle aches or pains, a personal history or family history of muscle problems
- You have had previous muscle problems during treatment with other lipid-lowering medicines
- You have a history of liver disease
- You have severe respiratory failure
If you take any of medicines, you must speak to your doctor before taking Simvastatin, particularly the following:
- Medicines used to alter the way your immune system works
- Certain antibiotics or antifungal medicines
- Other medicines to regulate lipid levels
- Some calcium channel blockers used for angina or high blood pressure
- Medicines used to treat HIV