Buy Norethisterone 5mg tablets online in the UK
How to order Norethisterone tablets in the UK?
- Complete our medical consultation. This allows our doctors to check that Norethisterone is safe and appropriate for you.
- Select a quantity to add to your basket before completing checkout.
- One of our UK-registered doctors will review your order and prescribe Norethisterone if appropriate. Occasionally we need extra information and will contact you via our confidential message centre.
- Your order will be packaged and posted from our pharmacy via our tracked delivery service.
How to delay my period?
While menstruation is a universal experience for women, the frequency and experience vary widely. Some women have regular cycles, using trackers to anticipate their next period, but irregularities are not uncommon. Period symptoms like cramps to heavy flow affect many, yet some women experience no discomfort. If you constantly suffer intense symptoms, speak to your GP as they may have a long-term solution.
For women with plans like holidays or big events like weddings, having a period at the same time might not be ideal. At Oxford Online Pharmacy, Norethisterone 5mg tablets are available for period delay. For more information on this medication, continue reading.
What is Norethisterone?
In 1952 a Mexican chemist invented Norethisterone and not long after in 1964, it was introduced to the market under the patented brand name, Utovlan. Since then, the patent has expired which means that the generic version of this medicine is available, making it much cheaper for people to buy.
Norethisterone, also known as Norethindrone, is a man-made female sex hormone used to treat several conditions in women.
What is Norethisterone used for?
As mentioned above Norethisterone 5mg tablets are used by women to delay their periods. In addition to this, Norethisterone is also used for the following conditions:
- Menopausal hormone therapy
- Gynaecological disorders
- Heavy periods
- Painful periods
- Irregular periods or periods that are more frequent than normal
- Premenstrual tension (PMT)
- Endometriosis (where tissue from your womb is found outside your womb)
- Breast cancer
We do not prescribe for any of the conditions above, this should be done by your doctor. You can, however, buy a short course of Norethisterone for period delay from Oxford Online Pharmacy.
How does Norethisterone work?
The levels of progesterone which is a natural hormone in your body can fluctuate during your menstrual cycle, which causes your womb lining to shed. The lining which is broken down is passed out of your body as your period.
Norethisterone works by providing the body with synthetic progesterone which copies the naturally occurring progesterone in your body, to prevent the wall lining from shedding, in turn, this will stop a period from happening.
Can I take period delay tablets?
You should always read the Norethisterone patient information leaflet before use.
Do not use this medicine if:
- You are pregnant.
- You are breastfeeding.
- You are allergic to any of the ingredients in this medicine or any similar hormone medicines.
- You are experiencing any vaginal bleeding not related to your period.
- You or a family member experiences blood clots or deep vein thrombosis (DVT).
- You have had a heart attack or have angina.
- You have liver problems.
- You have ever had a pregnancy where you had jaundice, or an itchy rash known as pemphigoid gestationis. This rash appears as small blisters on your abdomen.
- You have severe generalised itching all over your body (pruritis).
- You have a condition known as porphyria (a rare inherited blood disease).
There are no alternatives to Norethisterone. This is currently the only medicine available in the UK for short-term period delay. If you are looking to delay your periods long-term, you should speak to your doctor who may suggest a contraceptive pill.
If you are already taking a contraceptive pill, you should NOT use Norethisterone to delay your period, unless your doctor has said otherwise.
How to take Norethisterone?
You should always take medicine as directed by the prescribing doctor. If you are referring to the Norethisterone patient information leaflet, the recommended dose will depend on what you are treating.
Taking Norethisterone tablets to delay your periods
The recommended Norethisterone dosage to delay your period is ONE 5mg tablet THREE times a day. Do not take more than 15mg daily.
You should swallow whole with water one tablet three times a day.
When to take period delay tablets?
You should start taking period delay tablets at least 3 days before your period is due to start, ideally, take Norethisterone tablets up to 5 days before your period starts.
How long can you take Norethisterone for?
You should take Norethisterone for as long as needed to delay a period, usually for 10 days.
Side effects of Norethisterone
Common side effects (1 in 10 people):
- Vaginal bleeding
- Weight gain
- Tender breasts
Uncommon side effects:
- Feeling dizzy
- Heart issues, palpitations or even attacks
- Itching, rashes
- Feeling confused
- Difficulty sleeping
- Feeling depressed
If any of these side effects persist or are uncomfortable contact us right away.
Norethisterone and pregnancy
Norethisterone doesn’t stop you from getting pregnant, so make sure you are using a form of contraception if you are sexually active during this time.
If your period doesn’t start 3 days after your period, there could be a chance you are pregnant. Take a pregnancy test and speak to your doctor.