Buy Pen Needles for Saxenda Injections Online in the UK
These pen needles are the thinnest of the range at only 4 mm long and has an outer diameter of only 0.20 mm. Its thin walls allow it to penetrate easily into the skin and optimise the flow, thereby providing people with diabetes with a hassle-free and pain-free treatment. The 32G pen needle ensures a simple injection.
Technical features of the range:
- To enhance skin penetration and lessen pain, triple sharpening is used.
- Treatment with lubricant to lessen resistance to needle penetration.
- You can reduce the time of the injection by speeding up the flow of insulin thanks to the larger inner diameter (Thin Wall).
- Anti-coring treatment is also applied to the tip meant for piercing the insulin cartridge cap, making it easier to insert the needle and minimising the risk of pieces being released inside the cartridge.
These pen needles are suitable for use with Saxenda Weight Loss service pens.
- Check pen: check the solution in the Saxenda pen is clear and colourless. Read the label on the pen.
- Attach a new needle.
- Check the Saxenda flow by releasing a bit of the medication, this is only necessary before your first injection with each new pen.
- Select your dose.
- Inject a dose
- Remove the needle and dispose of it safely with our needle clipper or yellow sharps box.
The pen needle is a sterile disposable device; therefore, it must be changed after each injection, otherwise you risk:
- Incorrect dosage - In between injections, leaving the needle on the pen could alter the composition of the insulin.
- Air getting into the cartridge through the needle -The air bubbles reduce the normal flow of insulin during the injection, with the consequent risk of a reduced dose of the drug.
- The insulin crystallises - The insulin inside the pen can crystallise and partially or totally block the needle if the needle is left on it, making injections challenging or even impossible.
- Catching an infection - The pen needle is no longer sterile after being used.
- Enduring a more agonising injection - The lubrication on the needle is fully withdrawn during the injection, and the needle's tip gradually loses its original shape due to progressive deformation.