Buy Caverject Dual Chambers online in the UK
Caverject Dual Chamber is used for erectile dysfunction including weak erections or impotence.
Caverject Dual Chamber should be administered by direct intracavernosal injection using the needle provided. The usual injection site is along the dorsolateral aspect of the proximal third of the penis. Visible veins should be avoided. View the Caverject Dual Chamber guidance for patients here.
An erection induced by this medicine should typically occur within 5 to 20 minutes and remain for about an hour. The manufacturer advises using this drug no more than three times weekly, with a minimum of one day between each dose.
There are two variations of Caverject: Caverject Dual Chamber and Caverject Vials. The Caverject powder is the component that makes the vial and dual chamber active. The key difference is that, if you choose the dual chamber, the solution and powder chambers are in the device; all you need to do to combine them is turn the plunger. If you choose the vials, you will need to mix the powder with the supplied liquid solution together before injecting.
To find full and in-depth instructions on how to use Caverject 10 mcg, consult your Patient Information Leaflet for complete guidance and direction.
- The starting dose in the clinic is 1.25-2.5 micrograms, doses lower than 2.5 micrograms cannot be delivered with Caverject Dual Chamber. In this case, Caverject powder for injection will be used.
- Most men find that a dose of 5-20 micrograms works for them, however, some men may require a higher dose. You should never use more than 40 micrograms.
- If this treatment is being used to find the reason for your erectile dysfunction, the dose will be 5-20 micrograms.
- Do not use Caverject more than once in 24 hours or more than three times in a week.
- Change the location and side of the penis that you inject into each time you use it.
- This is a single-use medication; any unused contents of the syringe should be discarded in a safe container such as a sharps bin or needle clipper.
- Do not use the Caverject solution if the inside of the injection is non-transparent or contains small pieces.
It is normal for it to take a short while for your erection to come on after administering your injection. However, with the right dose of Caverject, you will be able to maintain an erection. When using Caverject, your erection should subside no longer than an hour after taking the treatment.* If your erection lasts longer than four hours, you should contact your doctor to seek medical advice.
If Caverject 10 mcg does not work well enough, talk to your doctor for guidance. Do not change your dose unless your doctor tells you to.
If you are using Caverject Dual Chamber for the first time and you have previously used Caverject Powder for Injection, your doctor should have given you advice about using this medication.
*Disclaimer: Individual results may vary.
Side Effects of Alprostadil
With any medication you take, there is always a risk of side effects. Some are more common than others, and often side effects may subside with the regular usage of the medicine. If the side effects do not subside, you should report them to us, or your GP.
Common side effects
- Penis can become bruised, scarred, bent or kinked, particularly after long term use. Tell your doctor if this happens as you may need to stop Caverject Dual Chamber
- Prolonged erections
- Other problems with your penis
- Swelling and skin discolouration or bruising at site of injection. You may find this happening the first time you use Caverject Dual Chamber but should occur less often with practice
- Muscle spasms.
Tell your doctor immediately if your erection goes on for longer than 4 hours. If you cannot contact your doctor, go to a hospital casualty department immediately as treatment should be started within 6 hours.
For a full list of side effects, please read the patient information leaflet.