Buy Finasteride (Accord) Online in the UK
Finasteride Accord brand is an effective treatment for male pattern baldness. Finasteride is the same ingredient as Propecia just better value.
Finasteride is one of the most extensively studied medications for male pattern baldness. Clinical studies have found that finasteride stops hair loss for 90% of men and most men.
This treatment is intended for men only.
Finasteride 1mg Accord tablets are a treatment for male pattern baldness, which has been tested and approved for use in the UK.
Taking one tablet every day for a minimum of 3 - 6 months can improve the visible appearance and thickness of your hair - although it's important to remember that individual results may vary according to your age and how much hair loss has already occurred.
It is important to know that Finasteride 1mg Accord tablets will not work any quicker or more effectively if you take more than one per day. Please only take as instructed by our label - that is, ONE tablet every day.
The recommended dosage of Finasteride 1mg ACCORD tablets is one 1 mg tablet daily. This medication is taken with or without food. Generally, three to 6 months of one tablet everyday is required before evidence of stabilisation of hair loss can be expected*.
Continuous use is usually recommended to sustain benefit*.
This treatment should be assessed by a doctor when you place a new order - this is done via our Online Consultation form at Oxford Online Pharmacy.
Finasteride isn't indicated (licensed) for use in women or children and adolescents.
*Disclaimer. Individual results may vary.
Side Effects of Finasteride 1mg Accord tablets
As with any medication you are taking, there's always a risk of side effects. Some of these are more common than others, and quite often side effects may subside with the regular usage of the Finasteride 1mg Accord tablets. If the side effects don't subside, you ought to report them to your pharmacist, to us at Oxford Online Pharmacy or to your GP.
The following side effects are important and will require you to take immediate action if you experience any of these:
Stop taking the finasteride tablets and talk to your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital A&E department if you have any of the following symptoms:
- swelling of your face, lips, tongue or throat
- difficulty swallowing
- rash on your body or face, itching, lumps under your skin (hives)
- breathing difficulties
If you notice any of the subsequent, talk to your doctor straight away:
- lumps, pain, enlargement of the breast (chest) tissue or nipple discharge. These could also be signs of a serious condition, such as breast cancer (carcinoma of the breast tissue can occur in men as well as women)
For a full list of side effects, please read the patient information leaflet here
- Finasteride/ Dutasteride has in rare cases caused depression. If you develop any symptoms of depression such as low mood please stop the medication immediately and discuss it with a health care professional.
- Infertility has been reported in men who took finasteride for a long period of time and had other risk factors which may affect fertility; this could improve on discontinuation of finasteride/ dutasteride. Long-term clinical studies about the effects of finasteride on fertility in men haven't been conducted.
- Finasteride/dutasteride can affect blood test results for PSA (a chemical marker related to prostate health) so please inform your own doctor that you are taking Finasteride 1mg Accord tablets.
- You ought to promptly report back to your doctor any changes in your breast tissue like lumps, pain, enlargement or nipple discharge as these could also be signs of a serious condition, such as breast cancer (very rare).
- Finasteride 1mg Accord tablets can cause erectile dysfunction (lack of or partial erections). If you have any questions regarding this please email or telephone the pharmacy.
- A very small proportion of men (less than 1%) who take finasteride 1mg Accord tablets may experience heart palpitations when taking the medication for the first time, especially if they're over 60.
If you get any side effects, talk to your doctor or pharmacist. This includes any possible side effects not listed in this leaflet. You can also report the side effects of Finasteride 1mg Accord tablets directly via the Yellow Card Scheme here or search for MHRA Yellow Card in the Google Play or Apple App Store. By reporting side effects you can help provide more information on the safety of this medicine.
You will need to be aware of the potential longer-term side-effects of taking finasteride (known as Post Finasteride Syndrome) - please see our Blog page for more information here