Buy SELFCheck Allergy Test Online in the UK
A quick and dependable finger prick blood spot health test that determines whether your allergy antibody levels (Immunoglobulin E) are normal or elevated.
Allergy symptoms, such as rashes, sneezing, sore throat, cough, and runny nose, are frequently confused with those of bacterial or viral infections.
Hay fever (rhinitis), eczema, asthma, and food sensitivity are all caused by allergies. People who are allergic can have high quantities of allergy antibodies in their blood, known as immunoglobulin E (IgE).
The SELFCheck Allergy Test is a generic test that determines whether your blood levels of immunoglobulin E antibodies (total IgE) are higher than normal. However, it is critical to remember that not everyone with allergies has a high total IgE level.
If you have a higher-than-normal IgE antibody level and/or symptoms that you believe are allergy-related, consult your doctor, who can arrange for skin testing or additional blood tests to determine whether specific allergens are causing your symptoms.
You do not need to be experiencing symptoms at the time of your test.
The SELFCheck Allergy Test is a quick immunodiagnostic self test kit that detects elevated IgE levels from a finger prick blood sample in only 10 minutes.
The test kit includes the following items:
- 1 gadget for testing, 1 plastic pipette, and 1 desiccant pouch
- 1 mL of diluent in a small bottle
- 2 sterile lancets for blood collection
- 1 instruction sheet
You will also need a clean tissue and a watch or clock with a second hand or a timer.
The lancets that come with the SELFCheck Allergy Test are single-use only. A spare lancet is included, however, it should not be needed if the directions are followed exactly.
Follow the instruction leaflet included in the box.
This test is not suitable for children younger than 6 years old as the normal range for very young children is different to older children and adults.
Please read the instruction leaflet carefully before use.
Do not use test after the expiry date. For external use only. After use, the test components can be disposed of with normal household waste. There is no danger from any test component, provided you have used all the components according to the instruction leaflet.
Always consult your doctor if the test is positive, or if it is negative and you remain concerned about your health, or if symptoms persist.