Buy Calcipotriol 50mcg/ml Scalp Solution Online in the UK
Calcipotriol is a vitamin D derivative. Vitamin D regulates the growth of skin cells. Calcipotriol lowers the number of cells produced by your skin and aids in the clearing of psoriasis plaques.
This medication is only available with a doctor's prescription. It is available as an ointment and a scalp solution.
Calcipotriol is sometimes used alongside the steroid, betamethasone to treat psoriasis-related swelling (inflammation).
1ml of calcipotriol scalp solution contains 0.05mg.
Each week, do not use more than 60ml (3mg) of calcipotriol scalp solution.
If you use the scalp solution in conjunction with calcipotriol ointment, do not exceed 5mg per week. You could, for example, use either:
- 40g calcipotriol ointment with 60ml calcipotriol scalp solution
- 60g calcipotriol ointment with 40ml calcipotriol scalp solution
How to Apply Scalp Solution
- Tilt your head to avoid getting the solution on your face. It may be beneficial to part your hair before applying the solution.
- Insert the nozzle into your hair and onto an affected area of your scalp.
- Apply a few drops by gently squeezing the bottle. 1 or 2 drops should be enough to cover an area the size of a postage stamp.
- Gently massage in.
If you get the solution on your face by accident, wash it off right away.
After using the scalp solution, always wash your hands.
Common side effects
These common side effects of calcipotriol happen in around 1 in 10 people:
- Your psoriasis gets worse
- Burning or stinging feeling
- Skin irritation, including redness, swelling, itching or dryness
Keep using the medicine, but talk to your doctor or pharmacist if these side effects bother you or do not go away.
Serious side effects
Serious side effects are rare and happen in less than 1 in 1,000 people.
Call a doctor or contact 111 straight away if you have any of these symptoms which may be a sign of too much calcium in your blood or pee:
- needing to pee more often
- feeling sick
- feeling weak or pain in your muscles or bones
- feeling thirsty
- losing your appetite
- a dry mouth or a metallic taste in your mouth
- stomach pain